Attention Auburn University forestry and wildlife students! Applications for the 2023 Summer Practicum camp are now being accepted through February 17. The summer practicum application is closed as of Feb. 27.
Students who plan to attend the 2023 Summer Practicum must complete the application by Feb. 17. Please keep in mind that admission to practicum is not automatic – students must meet the requirements to be accepted. Acceptance letters will be distributed via email in late February. Students will complete the medical form online after acceptance. Below are further details for each of the degree-specific camps.
Forestry students typically attend practicum between their sophomore and junior years and must have completed the following prerequisite courses by the end of the Spring 2023 term:
- ENGL 1100 (English Composition I)
- ENGL 1120 (English Composition II)
- BIOL 1020/21 (Principles of Biology)
- BIOL 1030/31 (Organismal Biology)
- MATH 1130 (Pre-Calculus Trigonometry or above)
- STAT 2510 (Statistics)
- A cumulative 2.0 GPA or above is required for Auburn students. Transfer students must meet Auburn University Admissions criteria and be accepted with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
Wildlife Ecology & Management Majors:
Wildlife students typically attend practicum between their junior and senior year and must have completed the following prerequisite courses by the end of the Spring 2023 term:
- BIOL 3060 (Ecology)
- WILD 4400 (Problem-Solving in Wildlife Sciences) Must be completed with a grade of “C” or better
- WILD 5750 (Analysis for Wildlife Sciences) Must be completed with a grade of “C” or better
- FORY 3100 (Dendrology) or BIOL 5120 (Systematic Botany)
- At least one of the Taxon-specific elective courses (Herpetology, Ornithology, Mammalogy, or Ichthyology)
- A cumulative 2.0 GPA or above is required.
Important things to keep in mind:
- Acceptance letters will be sent via email the last week of February.
- The mandatory Summer 2023 Practicum Orientation will take place on Monday, April 3, at 5 pm CST in the College of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment Building, Room 2217.
The summer practicum will take place at the Solon Dixon Forestry Education Center, located south of Andalusia, AL.
- Forestry students will register for 10 credit hours and attend practicum from May 7 – July 7
- Wildlife students will register for 8 credit hours and attend practicum from May 7 – June 16
Students will be responsible for paying room and board and a damage deposit. Meals are included with room and board.
Payment will be due on the first day of practicum.
Forestry students will purchase forestry supplies at the Solon Dixon Forestry Education Center on the first day of practicum.
Detailed cost information will be coming soon.
Transfer students must FIRST be accepted by the Auburn University Admissions Office for the Summer 2023 term before being considered eligible to apply for the 2023 Summer Practicum. For questions about the transfer process, please contact Ms. Brooke Martin at email@example.com.
For general questions, please contact Ms. Ginger Dondaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org.