prescribed burn class at the dixon center
Auburn’s Path to the Plains
Take an alternative Path to the Plains with dual enrollment at Auburn University and Southern Union State Community College!
Auburn University has partnered with Southern Union State Community College (SUSCC) to offer an accessible pathway program for prospective students to earn course credit toward their degree at Auburn University.
As part of the Path to the Plains (P2P) program, students have an affordable opportunity to complete their first two years of college at SUSCC while working toward a Bachelor of Science degree in the College of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment at Auburn University. In the CFWE, currently students can select from two eligible majors, Forestry and Geospatial and Environmental Informatics. In the near future, the following degrees will also be offered: Natural Resources Management, Sustainable Biomaterials and Packaging, and Wildlife Ecology and Management.
With dual enrollment at AU and SUSCC in the Path to the Plains program, students enjoy many benefits, including:
- Experiencing campus life while living in the Auburn/Opelika area with dual enrollment at AU and SUSCC
- Earning up to 15 credits at AU in two years, or one class per semester, towards a selected Auburn major
- Receiving SUSCC tuition rates for AU classes the first two years of college
- Receiving guaranteed admission to Auburn University as a junior, with a 2.75 GPA or better
- Increased probability for success in completing a degree in four years!
If you’re an Alabama resident and the P2P program sounds right for you, reach out to Brooke Martin, Student Recruitment Advisor, for more information about enrollment at (334) 844-1094 or email@example.com.
- Auburn’s Path to the Plains
- Southern Union State Community College
- Financial Aid Information
- Undergraduate Student Services
- Contact Us
- Fall Admission – March 1 is priority application deadline for admission
- Spring Admission – October 1 is priority application deadline for spring admission