Skip to main content

prescribed burn class at the dixon center

Pathways to Auburn

Are you ready to join the Auburn Family? Several pathways to enrollment at Auburn University make a bachelor’s degree accessible to almost everyone. Depending on your situation, you can enroll as a Traditional Freshman or through alternative pathways such as Auburn First Dual Enrollment, Path to the Plains, or as a Transfer Student.

Applying for admission is the first step. For information about requirements, deadlines, and instructions, choose the application category below that best applies to you and follow the link to learn more.

Need help deciding what pathway is best for you? Contact Brooke Martin, Student Recruitment Advisor, at (334) 844-1094 or

samford hall

Traditional Freshman

You’ve made the grades and done your college research. Now is the time to apply for admission and take that first step toward joining the Auburn Family as a freshman. We’re here to help you through the admissions process. We’ll guide you through what’s required, important deadlines, how to submit your application, and more. Follow the link to learn more!
jordan-hare stadium

Auburn First Dual Enrollment

The Auburn First program offers high school students an accessible and affordable opportunity to take official Auburn University courses and earn both college and high school credit at the same time. Alabama and Fulton County (Georgia) residents who earn at least 6 credit hours of approved coursework and maintain a 3.0 cumulative Auburn GPA by August 15 of their senior year qualify for automatic admission to Auburn University. Follow the link to learn more!
bronze eagle

Path to the Plains

Auburn University offers a concurrent enrollment program to provide an accessible pathway for prospective students to earn course credit toward their degree at Auburn University. As part of the Path to the Plains (P2P) program, students have an affordable opportunity to complete their first two years of college at Southern Union State Community College or Lurleen B. Wallace Community College while taking at least one course per semester toward a Bachelor of Science degree in the College of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment at Auburn University. Follow the link to learn more!
bronze eagle


The College of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment welcomes transfer students who wish to apply up to 60 credit hours (minimum of 12 credit hours) toward their degree program at Auburn University. The college has also forged cooperative transfer programs for students who are earning credit toward their degrees at University of West Alabama, Southern Union State Community College (Path to the Plains), and Wallace Community College. Follow the link to learn more!