Forestry students typically attend practicum between their sophomore and junior years, and must complete the following prerequisite courses by the end of Spring term:
- ENGL 1100 (English Composition I)
- ENGL 1120 (English Composition II)
- BIOL 1020/21 (Principles of Biology)
- BIOL 1030/31 (Organismal Biology)
- MATH 1130 (Pre-Calculus Trigonometry or above)
- STAT 2510 (Statistics)
- A cumulative 2.0 GPA or above is required for Auburn students. Transfer students must meet Auburn University Admissions criteria and be accepted with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
Wildlife Ecology & Management Majors
Wildlife students typically attend practicum between their junior and senior years, and must complete the following prerequisite courses by the end of Spring term:
- BIOL 3060 (Ecology)
- WILD 4400 (Problem-Solving in Wildlife Sciences) Must be completed with a grade of “C” or better
- WILD 5750 (Analysis for Wildlife Sciences) Must be completed with a grade of “C” or better
- FORY 3100 (Dendrology) or BIOL 5120 (Systematic Botany)
- At least one of the Taxon-specific elective courses (Herpetology, Ornithology, Mammalogy, or Ichthyology)
- A cumulative 2.0 GPA or above is required.
All applicants are required to submit the following:
*APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 17, 2023. You will be notified by email the last week of February if you are accepted.
The 2023 Summer Practicum Orientation will be held at 5 p.m. on Monday, April 3, 2023, at the College of Forestry, Wildlife and Environment Building in Room 2217. Attendance is mandatory.
Further details concerning practicum orientation and other expenses related to practicum will follow.
For questions about the transfer process, please contact Ms. Brooke Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions, please contact Ms. Ginger Dondaldson at email@example.com.