Employer: Turner Enterprises Management, LLC
Supervisory Position: No
Job Title: Reserve Ambassador
Uses Time & Attendance: Yes
Job Class: Reserve Ambassador Non-Exempt
Location: Raton, New Mexico
Division: Ted Turner Reserves
Home Department: 713 – Rooms
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Position Type: Seasonal / Non-Benefits Eligible
Housing Provided: Yes
TED TURNER RESERVES SUMMARY
Ted Turner Reserves (TTR) experiences and journeys are individually crafted and tailored to their specific North American locales: Turner’s Ladder, Armendaris and Vermejo and Sierra Grande Reserve in New Mexico. These unique adventures are intended to deliver insightful and exhilarating experiences across 1.1 million acres of private ranchlands, while also providing extraordinary guest service. Ted Turner Reserves is committed to making a difference by inspiring individual action to preserve the integrity of our earth and the creatures that inhabit it.
Vermejo, a Ted Turner Reserve, located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, spans over 550,000 acres, making it the largest Ted Turner Reserves vacation property. With its unique location in the southern Rocky Mountains, Vermejo is home to abundant wildlife populations such as elk, deer, pronghorn antelope, bison, black bears, mountain lions, and more. Through extraordinary guest service and our expert adventure guides, Vermejo provides guests of all ages unparalleled opportunities for outdoor exploration with activities such as hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing and wildlife viewing for a truly unforgettable getaway.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Reserve Ambassador will execute the booking of reservations, activities and services offered on the property. In most city hospitality settings this position would be referred to as the Concierge, or Vacation Planner. This role requires administrative duties and is also highly guest facing.
As a Reserve Ambassador, the job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the planning of Vermejo events including, but not limited to, brunches, barbecues, holiday celebrations, weddings, and other events for guests of Vermejo.
- Manage external vendors by providing feedback and training, including cross training between vendors and periodic inspections of vendor equipment, personnel, and site visits. Ensure that all vendor invoices are paid accurately in a timely manner.
- Be actively engaged in the sales and booking process of reservations, guest activities, spa services, dining options and all special occasion requests. Maximize opportunities to increase Reserve revenue through up-selling.
- Gain a strong understanding of what Vermejo Reserve offers to guests and direct them in a way that ensures they have an outstanding stay.
- Be actively engaged in all guest communications including phone and email correspondence, itinerary building of future arrivals as well as face to face contact with in-house guests.
- Invest in the guest experience from the time of booking through guest departure to ensure satisfaction at every step of the experience. Arrange and schedule time to talk and interact with guests.
- Ensure that all events are confirmed and reconfirmed for guest stays, including coordination with the Transportation, Activities, Spa and Food & Beverage departments to ensure all requests are accommodated.
- Ensure accuracy of reservations and events to maximize guest satisfaction while achieving financial and budget targets.
- Liaise with Activities, Transportation, F&B, and the Front Desk on guests’ activities, communicating any changes when necessary. Take the initiative to ensure everything is covered and all parties are informed.
- Take total ownership of guests that employee works with and follow up with them at pre-stay and during their time on the Reserve to ensure that everything is executed as planned.
- Assist the Front Desk and other departments as needed.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintain the highest level of Guest Services. Must be alert, friendly and able to assist guests politely and promptly.
- Must demonstrate care and compassion for team members both in and out of the department.
- Must put needs of team members above their own.
- Must be self-directed, energetic, and motivated with multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must be creative and willing to work with existing core resort philosophy and style.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, congeniality, integrity, and sound judgement.
- Must demonstrate clean work habits.
- The successful candidate will always conduct themselves in a professional manner in and out of the work setting.
Position requires applicant to live on Vermejo headquarters approximately 40 miles from the closest town. Vermejo’s location is approximately 4.5 hours’ drive south of Denver or 4.5 hours’ drive north of Albuquerque.
Vermejo offers single- and double-bedroom dorm room style company housing (subject to availability) and 3 meals per day served in the Employee Dining Room.
Employee may be subject to sharing a room with one other employee depending on the availability of a single dorm room.
The nearest town, Raton, NM, is located approximately 1 hour from Vermejo headquarters, and employees will need to provide or arrange for their own transportation to and from Raton for personal supplies.
The employee must possess excellent communication skills, written, via phone, and in person. The employee must be fluent in English, both written and verbal. Spanish fluency is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A degree in Hospitality Management is strongly preferred. Experience working in a 4- or 5-Star Luxury Resort is highly preferred.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
If position requires operation of a vehicle, the employee must possess a valid Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of employment. The employee’s driving record must meet the standards and requirements of the Company and the Company’s insurance carrier.
- The employee must adhere to Company and Reserve policies and procedures, which are included in the Turner Enterprises Management, LLC Employee Handbook, and the Vermejo Reserve Addendum.
- The employee must present documentation establishing both identity and employment authorization within three days of hire, pursuant to federal law.
- The candidate will be subject to undergo pre-employment drug test and background check, (after offer is given but before applicant has commenced work). Random drug tests are given throughout the year.
- The Company operates as a drug free/smoke free workplace. Smoking is not allowed on the Reserve property, to include but is not limited to, Reserve housing, Reserve vehicles, Reserve offices or on Reserve machines.
- The employee will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work long hours, and the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
*In accordance with applicable law, the Company will reasonably accommodate any disabled individual who requests an accommodation that will allow him/her to perform the essential job duties or functions of his/her position. Accommodation inquires must be made to the Company’s Human Resources Department for consideration.”
Turner Enterprises Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free/Drug-Free Workplace.
For more information, and to apply online, visit www.tedturner.com.