Skip to main content

New Graduate Student Checklist

  • You may obtain a student ID card at the Tiger Card Center located in Room 1330 in the Student Center.
  • If you plan to park on campus, you will need to register your vehicle.
  • If you are on an assistantship, please visit the staff member in Room 3301K, if you haven’t already done so.
  • You will need your ID and Password in order to register for classes.
  • You will need your ID and Password in order to register for classes.  If you have not already received this information from the Graduate School, please visit to activate your AU Access account.  Once your account has been activated, you will have access to TigerMail, your Auburn email account, and tigeri, Auburn’s student web portal.  You will register through AUAccess Tiger I.
  • Between 5:30 pm and 6:30 AM, the building is locked and can only be accessed by your ID card. However, the card must be scanned and validated by the SFWS building manager (Room 2352) before it will open any doors.
  • In order to drive a state vehicle, you must take the on-line Defensive Driving Course training. Contact Risk Management and Safety for instructions regarding that training. If you will be driving, your Major Professor will need to request a gas code for you from the building manager (Room 2352).
  • You may pick up your common key and office key at Access Control.  They are located on the bottom floor of the Stadium Parking Deck. For additional key requests, your Major Professor should contact the building manager (Room 2352).
  • A graduate student mail box will be provided for you in Room 3305.
  • With your permission, your photograph will be taken and used for our Web-site, Graduate Student Poster Display, Database, and Graduation Sheet.
  • Copy machines may be accessed with a copy code requested by your major professor from the IT Help Desk.
  • In order to make long distance telephone calls or fax machine calls, an authorization code is required.  Your Major Professor must submit a request to Ms. Paula Davis and then request the code from Mr. Handley (Room 2352).
  • Graduate Research Assistants are provided health care through  the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program. Participation is mandatory unless you currently have a health insurance plan that is equal to or better than that offered by AU.  In that case, you may opt out by filing a waiver request no later than the 8th class day.  Please see specific instructions at the link provided above.
Close Menu